Monday, September 2, 2019

My Hopes and Aspirations for

Choosing From Grimm to Disney as my First-Year Seminar was something that I did purely out of curiosity. The name of the course piqued my interest immensely, I always had a fondness for Disney tales and I often looked up the true meaning behind many of my favorite fairy-tales on YouTube. I also held a great curiosity for the Grimm brothers seeing as I've heard of them and their reputation for story-telling. Finding out that there was a course revolving around the fairy-tales and stories that the Grimm brothers told which was later on transformed into a more child-friendly fairytale through Disney I knew I had to take this course.

In this seminar, I am hoping to accomplish and better understand how the concepts of the Grimm brothers way of fairy-tale telling ended up as more child-friendly through the eyes of Disney. I would also like to accomplish the goal of knowing why Walt Disney choose to use the Grimm brothers narratives of folklore fairy-tales, myths, and legends as a template to create their own more child-friendly fairy-tales rather than any other authors'.

A fairy-tale that I would consider being my favorite would be  "The Princess and the Frog" which was originally titled "The Frog Prince." The reason why this is my favorite fairy-tale because of the true meaning behind the tale. It teaches you that beauty is within and to not be so materialistic. For example, the princess was willing to kiss a frog without even knowing that he was once a handsome prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment